14 nights stay SANDBOX with me
Guidelines for travellers entering Phuket Sandbox
Travelers must travel from countries/territories in the list as announced by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). They must be staying in the said countries/territories no less than 21 days before the travel date. Thai and foreign nationals with residence in Thailand are exempted from this 21 days requirement.
Travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date, with a vaccine registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand or approved by WHO or Thai Ministry of Health, and must possess a valid Vaccination Certificate/Card (digital or paper format);
Children under 18 years of age without COVID-19 vaccination are eligible only when travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians;
Pre-arrival: Registering for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at coethailand.mfa.go.th
(1) Register via the said website and upload the required documents especially the Vaccination Certificate;
– Make sure you select Phuket as the Sandbox destination when filling the “Travel Details” column
(2)Once registration is approved, you must upload SHA+ Hotel booking confirmation and flight reservation within 15 days
– For SHA+, you must upload a “SHABA Certificate” confirmation sent from the hotel or make booking through website entrythailand.go.th
3) Once COE is approved, you must download and print the COE together with other required documents
• Required documents to upload into the system:
(1) Valid Passport;
(2) Vaccination certificate (must be in English or have an English translation from a
(3) COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000;
(4) Air ticket confirmation;
(5) Paid SHA+ Hotel Booking confirmation for 14 nights (or less if staying in Phuket less
than 14 days)
(6) COVID-19 tests payment in Thailand according to the duration of stay (Issued either by the test facility or hotel) * VISA (if needed)
Travelers must do a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR method) with test result no more than 72 hours
prior to the departure time. The negative result must be presented to the airline check-in counter.
Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
Undergo Health, Immigration and Customs procedures; and a COVID-19 screening including a RT-PCR test;
Download and install the designated contact tracing application;
Travel directly to your reserved SHA+ hotel to await the test results. If tested negative
for COVID-19, travelers will be allowed to go anywhere in Phuket.
During the stay in Phuket
Undergo additional COVID-19 RT-PCR tests (day 6-7 and 12-13) according to the period of stay. Travelers are responsible for the relevant costs if it is not included in the accommodation package;
Turn on the GPS of the designated contact tracing application at all times throughout the period of stay in Phuket.
Departure from Phuket
Travelers who wish to visit Phuket only (stay less than 14 days) must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
Travelers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations: must stay in Phuket for 14 nights, and thereafter will be allowed to travel domestically.
Proof of 14 days of stay and 3 RT-PCR tests must be provided
– For further details and purchase of medical insurance covering COVID-19 treatment in Thailand, please check covid19.tgia.org/
– For list of SHA+https://covid19.tgia.org/ hotels, please check thailandsha.com/shalists/